24/7 Emergency Restoration Services • Licensed & Insured

Reliable Restoration - Georgia

How to Get Insurance to Pay For Water Damage

If you have experienced a flood or other water damage to your home, you may be wondering how to get insurance to pay for water damage. There are several options available to you. If you’re not sure which coverage you need, you can contact your insurer. They’ll send an adjuster to inspect the damage and determine if you’re eligible to claim. If you’re unable to stay in your home until the flood waters subside, you can hire a contractor. You can then negotiate the amount of the claim with the adjuster. You’ll need to seal up windows and doors, remove trees that block the underground aqueduct system, and angle planting beds downward to prevent standing water and direct rainwater away from the structure.

If you don’t have flood insurance, you may be able to get coverage for temporary housing. Even if your insurance doesn’t cover the cost of the temporary rental, it’s important to file a claim. It’s important to follow the rules of the policy in order to get a timely settlement. Call your insurance agent as soon as you notice water damage. You may be covered by your homeowner’s insurance if you’ve had a flood or a water leak.

Homeowners insurance will pay for water damage that was “sudden and accidental,” meaning it was caused by someone’s negligence. Intentionally causing the water damage, such as failing to turn on the heat, freezing pipes, or appliance leaks, will not be covered. In addition, you can’t claim for flood damages if you deliberately turned off the heat and used water-saving appliances.

If you recently had a flood or water damage in the Atlanta Metro area and need help contact Reliable Restoration water damage experts.

Why Choose Reliable Restoration

Happy Water Damage Restoration Customers